before liposuction, before that brazilian butt lift, the first step to getting that curvy body for many patients is getting to a healthier weight. that usually means learning how to eat better. patients who get to a healthier weight before their body contouring procedure usually achieve amazing, lifetime results!
here is an article from lifehack.org which has some great tips about getting started.
quick points from the article:
- 10 to 15 pounds weight loss in 4-6 weeks is reasonable and safe, but it's going to be a lot of work!
- the key is keeping track of calories and protein intake. (there are a lot of free smartphone apps, such as MyFitnessPal (Android and Apple) which can help)
- gut flora can play a role in weight loss, so consider probiotics
- exercise is key to maintaining that calorie deficit for weight loss
- reduce the hunger feelings with pre-meal water/vegetables with fiber
- get all food temptations out of the house and have quick healthy alternatives available
key point is you can't go back to your old eating habits!
patients always hear - whatever got your figure so bad that you came to see me, don't do that any more, or your figure will go right back!
questions? we can help! all cosmetic consultations are complimentary - contact us today!
Article link is also here